So you’re starting to think about your Senior Portraits … but you don’t know where to even start?
I’ve tried to make the whole process a bit easier by answering some FAQ’s below…things you can expect before, during, and after your Senior Portrait session. If you have any other questions, or if you’re ready to book your Senior session, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can fill out the CONTACT ME link in the menu line above. Ok, here we go…
Things to think about BEFORE your session…
1. When do you need to have your Senior Portrait turned in to the yearbook staff at your school? Some schools take a more formal Senior Portrait at school, so you don’t have to worry about the yearbook. In that case, many Seniors choose to have their own creative Senior Portraits taken by a professional photographer. Other schools require you to personally turn in a digital file by a deadline. If that’s the case, find out that date asap.
2. Where do you want your Senior Portraits taken? Do you like tall grass & fields? Barns, fences, and sky? Modern, downtown, and buildings? Water, bridges, and trees? Maybe you like a combination of all of them. Try to picture yourself and what you love…that’s where I want to photograph you. If you don’t have a specific place in mind…no worries, I’ve got plenty of ideas.
3. Schedule your Senior Session a few months early. Once the weather begins to get warm in the spring, my schedule begins to fill up, so make sure you get your session scheduled for your most convenient time.
4. How much will it cost? You can find the cost for a single Senior Portrait session here. If you would like to have your Senior Portrait taken with a friend or friends, check out the pricing for that here. Please note that Senior session payment is due prior to the session in order to hold your day and time. Whether I’m photographing a Senior, wedding, family, or engaged couple, I strive to creatively capture the true personality of the person or persons in front of my camera. This takes time. We won’t rush. Prints and products are not included in the Senior session, but are available for purchase in Collections or a’la carte. You can find examples of some products on the “info” tab at the left of my website. If needed, a hi-res digital image will be sent directly to your school free of charge.
5. What should you wear? My suggestion is to wear your favorite outfit[s]. Usually your favorite outfit is something you look and feel great in! Just try to avoid real trendy clothes [or your kids may snicker at you years down the road...trust me, mine did.]. Bold colors may be distracting and draw attention away from you. Also try to avoid large flowers, stripes or patterns. Many people forget about their socks…remember, your socks may be visible during some of the photographs…leave those Kermit the Frog ones at home!
6. Wax on wax off. If you have an appointment for a wax, you’ll want to have that done at least two days prior to your Senior session. You’d be amazed at what the camera sees! Guys, don’t forget to shave the morning of your session [unless you want that hair!]. Blemishes? No worries! You can do your best to conceal them, but don’t sweat it…I can remove them in a flash.
What will happen DURING your session…
1. How long will it take? You can plan on 1-2 hours for a Senior Portrait session.
2. What will we do? When we meet at our location, we’ll chat a bit about some ideas you may have, some ideas I have, and other important details. You may be nervous, but you really don’t have to – I’m very easy to get along with and will may you comfortable soon enough. :) We’ll walk around a bit to different parts of the location. I’ll stop once in awhile, ask you to do “something” or stand a certain way, and I’ll snap some photos. You don’t need to be worried about what to do, how to smile, or how to stand – I got it covered!
3. To change or not to change? Feel free to bring 1 to 2 different clothing changes! Before we start photographing, we’ll talk about what clothing you brought…different clothing looks best in different settings.
4. Can I bring a friend? Sure! Sometimes it helps to have someone there to help you relax or laugh. I will be concentrating on your Senior session, but your friend is more than welcome to come. Check out the Friends Senior Portrait Session if you think you might want photos with a friend or a group of friends. It’s always nice to have someone goofy standing behind me, but just warn him/her that I will probably put him to work! :)
5. Model release. After we’re finished with the session, I’ll need you or your parents to fill out a short Model Release.
What comes AFTER your session…
1. How long until you can see your images? Your images will be ready to view within 3 weeks of your Senior session. I will post some of my favorites on my Teri Klinger Photography Facebook page, as well as my blog. I will send you an email letting you know that your images are posted. I’ll also include a link to a gallery where all of your images will be posted. An additional email will be sent giving you more details on how to order your prints and products.
2. Are the Facebook images copyrighted? Yes. All images that are posted on line [Facebook, blog/website, and gallery] are watermarked and copyrighted. I do give permission for you to use a photo for your profile picture, but please do not remove the watermark. Thank you! :)
3. When will my prints and products be ready? Upon receiving payment, I will place the order for your prints and products. Your order will be available for pick up within 3 weeks of payment. Enjoy!
How do I book a Senior Portrait session…
1. To book your session, either call me at 215.896.8797, email me at email@example.com, or use the CONTACT ME form at the top of this page. Looking forward to working with you!
2. Do you have more questions? No problem – contact me at the numbers/addresses above.
3. Congratulations on being a Junior or Senior! :)